About Community Colleges
Community colleges in USA offer a 2-year degree courses to students, which is known as an Associate degree. It works as a reliable pathway to pursue a 4-year degree course in a University. The best part about community courses is their cost-effectiveness. Attending a public community college in the USA costs around $2713 per year. But, the cost in a public university is around $7605 per year.
Besides that, there are around 1167 community colleges in the USA out of which the top ones are discussed in this article.
Top 5 Community Colleges in the USA
Image Credits: Santa Barbara City College (SBCC)
- Walla Walla Community College – The College offer courses in Academic Transfer Education, Transitional Studies, Professional/Technical Education and Extended Learning. And, most of their courses are transferable to 4-year degree institutions.
- Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) – The College provides 50 certificate courses and 80 degrees in multiple areas of education. Besides, they have an agreement with around 76 colleges guaranteeing the acceptance of transfer with SBCC credits.
- Lake Area Technical Institute – The institute offers excellent 29 study programs and around 11 E-degrees to students. They also provide a 99% graduate placement rate, helping graduates secure jobs at higher packages. Some recognized courses available here are Agri-Business, Robotics, Custom Paint & Fabrication Cosmetology, Aviation Maintenance, Nursing etc.
- New Mexico Military Institute – It is the only state-supported co-educational military school in the USA. The institute offers an all-inclusive liberal arts curriculum where you need to complete 68 hours of coursework to acquire an Associate arts degree.
- Valencia College – The College offers 30 transfer plans and an associate degree with an assurance of admission to any Florida state university. Some quality courses you can choose for your degree are career development, healthcare professions, criminal justice, language programs, professional development etc.
Now that you know about the top-most community colleges in the USA, the next step lies in selecting the right one.
Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing a College
Image credits: Freepik
- Compare the tuition fee of the top community colleges before committing to a course. Also, consider the college location and the extra costs involved like residence, food & groceries, etc. before making a decision.
- Filter your wants based on your learning needs. You can choose a large college if you want to experience diverse networking opportunities. On the other hand, choose smaller colleges if you are more into classroom learning or mentor guidance.
- Look for financial aid or any assistance through scholarships & grants to select a viable option. You can take the help of career counsellors in Nainital, Directions Hub to know about scholarships and financial aid options in detail.
- Lastly, determine your long term goal and choose the college and course accordingly. Read about the college credit transfer policy to a 4-year institution to filter out the best ones and then choose a course that meets your professional career goals.
For more understanding book your one-on-one consultation session with certified career consultant Ms. Esha Shah. WhatsApp or Call us: +91 7055685075
Featured Image Courtesy: Walla Walla Community College
Stay connected with us on Instagram